Shared items

Shared items can be viewed here or you can get them as an RSS feed ......................................................................^^^^^^^^

8/18/2006

New to Management: A Learning Hit List

New to Management: A Learning Hit List: "As the author of Managing with Aloha, I get some great questions from managers and leaders via email. This one came a few days ago:



Dear Rosa,

I just got a job as an intern. I’m pretty excited about it, for this company is growing like crazy, and they are known to give their graduating interns terrific opportunities if they’ve done well within their program. I’m hoping this will segue into my first management job when the term is over.

The manager I report to, clued me in to the fact that learning is highly valued here. In your book, you’re pretty passionate about learning too: What kinds of things do you think I should include in my list of things to learn while in my internship?

I’d appreciate hearing of your thoughts.
Sincerely,
Chris

I sent Chris my two Short 7 Lists for new managers, and I thought I’d share them with you too.

The Business List
Learn the company’s values, brand promis"

No comments: